Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week Eleven: Pilgrims and Letter E

It's Thanksgiving, It's Thanksgiving!
Time to eat, time to eat,
I like tasty turkey, I like tasty turkey,
What a treat! What a treat!

We had a great week learning all about Thanksgiving!

Our star student of the week was Athen.  Athen does a great job playing nicely with all of the children in the class and is a great friend.  Good work, Athen!


On Monday, Ms. Bridget from Dance Connection came and led some fun dancing and games.  Everyone had a great time!  Here are some photos and a few videos.






On Wednesday, we learned so much about the first Thanksgiving.  We talked about Native Americans and Pilgrims.  After "reading" some Native American picture drawings, we made our own Native American drums with line drawings on them.  Of course, we can't make drums without playing them.  So, here is one of our Thanksgiving songs accompanied by drums.


Friday was our Thanksgiving feast!  As I have said so many times before, this is one of my favorite days.  I will never get over how cute the kids look in their pilgrim hats eating around a big table together.  We made a yummy trail mix and beautiful turkey handprint placemats.







I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebrating with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.